contact information FOR homestead
oN THE MAP
contact information for Sebring
On the map
Visitation policy and producers
SUNNY HILLS ALF
SUNNY HILLS ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES REVISED: 4/27/2022
REG. REF. FS 408.823 POLICY TITLE: IN-PERSON VISITATION FO ESSENTIAL CAREGIVERS
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/6/2022
POLICY: At times there may be circumstances which restrict Resident visitation, such as pandemic flu or presence of infectious diseases that may require isolation. Florida Statute 408.823, the “No Patient Left Alone Act” requires Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring to implement policy that allows a Resident to have in-person visits by an Essential Caregiver during these circumstances. The visitation policies and procedures required must allow in-person visitation by Essential Caregivers in all the following circumstances, unless the resident, client, or patient objects:
1. End-of-life situations.
2. A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person
3. The resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
4. A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
5. A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
6. A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring requires the following procedures to comply with the statute.
PROCEDURES: Before in-person visitation, all Essential Caregivers must adhere to the following procedures:
1. Sign in upon entering the facility and before interacting with any staff, residents, family members or friends. 2. Comply with the Infection control and education policies for visitors. Infection Control policies may require a visitor to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including properly wear a face mask and other necessary PPE and perform hand hygiene. Staff will provide directions on the proper use of PPE. A copy of the infection control policy will be presented upon entering the Community and is included in the House rules presented to the resident upon admission.3. The Visitor shall sign this policy acknowledging an understanding of visitation policies. Failure of visitors to adhere to the policy shall result in suspension of in-person visitation. 4. Submit to a Screening which may include temperatures and/or a questionnaire about health status. Essential Caregivers and visitors are not required to show proof of vaccination of immunization status.
5.Visitation hours will be 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. as per FS 429.28 (1)(d). Any visitation outside of those hours will be considered upon request to the Administrator. During these hours, in-person visitation by the essential caregiver is allowed for at least 2 hours daily in addition to any other visitation authorized by the provider.
6. While minimizing physical contact and social distancing may be encouraged to limit exposure, consensual physical contact between a resident, client, or patient and the visitor is NOT prohibited.
7. A resident, client, or patient may designate up to 2 visitors who are a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver. Request for additional essential visitors due to circumstances such as end of life Hospice resident is subject to the Administrators approval.
8. This section does not require an essential caregiver to provide necessary care to a resident, client, or patient of a provider, d providers may not require an essential caregiver to provide such care.
Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring takes our commitment to the wellbeing of our residents seriously, and this includes a Resident right to visitation with their family. If you or your loved one have been met with Resistance from a hospital, hospice, or long-term care facility, when attempting to visit with loved ones, you may file a complaint with the Agency for Healthcare Administration for further review and action.
PROCEDURES: Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring in-house procedures include:
1. All current residents shall be provided with a copy of the new policy. The Administrator or Designee shall discuss the policy during the resident monthly meeting.
2. Upon admission to Sunny Hills ALF Sebring the resident or legal representative shall complete the acknowledgement of the policy and shall sign and date the form. A copy of the executed form shall be placed in the resident business file and shall be subject to review upon request.
3. Staff training on this subject shall be included in the Inservice training for Resident Rights and Emergency Procedures.
4. All Essential caregivers shall sign-in to a log sheet understanding that by signing in they agree to follow the visitation policies of Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring.
Submitting this complaint online may assist the Agency in expediting review with the goal of swift resolution. If you prefer to make this complaint via phone, the Agency has established a dedicated phone line for -visitation related complains 888-775-6055. The link to the complaint portal is HCF Complaint Form /AHCA-HEALTHCARE FACILITY COMPLAINT FORM (myflorida.com).If you have questions or comments regarding this policy, then please contact the Administrator/ Administrator Designee of Sunny Hills ALF of Sebring who will be responsible for staff adherence to visitation policies and procedures at 863-382-7779.